Monday, March 8, 2010

SPRING!!!!  The kids and I spent most of the afternoon outside, and it was wonderful!  Lily actually got more time outside, because Rory messed around this morning and needed to finish some of his school work, but he got a lot of time out, too.  I feel like I accomplished something.  I did four loads of laundry - I even hung the diapers on the line for the first time since fall!  They get so much whiter that way, and they smell nice, too.  It occurred to me that this may be the last summer I hang out diapers - Lily is almost two, and will (hopefully) be potty trained by next spring.  Actually, she got to wear her Elmo underwear for a little while today, because she went poop in the potty!  I was lucky enough to notice her face getting a bit red, and whisked her off to the potty.  She generally likes to sit on it, but only to sing songs and read books.  I'm hoping she will make the connection soon that it is supposed to have another purpose!

Okay, pardon the rabbit trail - it's just that potties are exciting to mommies for some reason.  Anyway, I also got the mulched leaves out of the piles in our yard and into the garden, filled in the large sink hole by the back of the house, picked a bunch of rocks out of the yard, bailed water out of the sand box, and pruned the apple tree (after removing the Christmas lights that were still around it).  Rory planted a hickory nut he found yesterday, put his garden flag in the middle of the front yard (where the corn will go, I suppose), helped me shovel dirt with his new shovel, washed a plastic end table, and got completely muddy.  Lily rode two tricycles, tried to follow two dogs to their houses, climbed a dirt pile, sat in all the outside chairs, and played in the soupy sand.  She also spent time sitting outside the back doors watching Rory work on his schoolwork in the playroom.  At least that's what she said she was doing.  Not a bad day's work!

Now that I am done with my tea, I have to go do the dishes, take a shower, and get to bed!  Tomorrow is another day.

1 comment:

  1. I've been enjoying the outdoors so much the past few days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...