Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting There!

Well, we have ONE day of school left!  What a year!  We started our school year last July, with a pretty loose summer schedule.  It was actually helpful later in the year to be a few days ahead.  I didn't have to worry if there were days we couldn't "do school" because we were already ahead of the game.  Now, though, I am ready for a break - and I know Rory is!

We're working on the house (mostly Rory and I).  So far, I feel like I have a handle on the kitchen, the living room, and finally the playroom.  We found the middle of the room today - just a few corners that need straightened, but the table is clear, and the toys are off the floor, which is a GREAT improvement!

I added red beans to my canning pantry.  All of the jars even sealed the first try!  It was fun, because I had a friend over who is interested in learning to can.  Funny that I should be a mentor, since I'm pretty clumsy at it, but we had a good time, anyway!

I made a new bread recipe yesterday, and a new cookie recipe today, both with oatmeal.  The recipes are out of the "Simply In Season" cookbook.  So far, everything I have tried in there has been very good!  (I even got the canned bean recipe from it).

I decided to try a book on tape from the library.  I LOVE to read, but don't always get the time I'd like, so I decided to try listening.  It's hard to do with the kids, but I found that I can listen while working in the kitchen, and it makes the time go by more pleasantly.

Lily spent all day yesterday in big-girl panties!  She managed to use the potty all day!  Today, not so much, but she's trying!

Rory is sleeping with two fireflies in a jar - yay, summer!

Both kids are asleep, so I'm going to straighten the kitchen, and get ready for bed!  Good Night!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin,
    I love listening to books on tape. I can't wait till we get moved and settled into our new home so I can get back to cooking.
    Blessings,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to learn canning from someone! And I've never thought of canning beans before...I wouldnt even need a garden for that! I'm trying to decide on Mollasses cookies or homemade brownies for my baking project today. Could you share the oatmeal cookie recipe with us?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...