Monday, August 2, 2010

Ones and Twos

Today was Rory's official first day of second grade!  Yes, we started our curriculum.  I think it's going to be a good fit.  It will take a bit of getting used to, as we worked off of our own curriculum last year, but it seems very well put together, and is easy to follow.  Today was also the first day the chickens laid eggs - Two, to be exact!  I was so excited!  Actually, Rory, Lily and I were all excited, and in our excitement we managed to let the chickens loose, but they came back.  When I tucked the kids in tonight, I told Rory I'd see him for his second day of second grade, and Lily that I would see her for the second day of...whatever.  Rory informed me that she is in second grade, also.  I guess she would graduate at age 12, then?  She did listen to "Dr. Seuss's ABC's" and put together her number puzzle, which I thought was quite scholarly of her.  She also got all the games out of the game drawers and mixed up the pieces all over the floor, but maybe she was showing creativity?  Yesterday, we visited my in-laws at their house on the lake.  Rory was so excited, because he has a rowboat that is kept at their house.  Grandpa took him out and taught him to row, and he rowed that boat all over the lake and back again!  I would have had sore arms after that, but it didn't seem to phase him a bit.  (I also would have rowed in circles, as per prior experience, but we won't talk about that!)  He also caught his first fish all by himself - he put the worm on the hook, cast out, and pulled it in all by himself.  He was so proud!  Lily sat on the end of the dock and splashed her feet and hands in the water and got soaked, and then ate 2 1/2 hot dogs.  Yep.  She's gifted.  Definitely ready for second grade.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin!

    Thank you for coming to visit on my blog! It is great to "meet" you!

    I love the background that you are using. I am using that for my business site (not up yet!)

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course she is ready for 2nd grade. It's because she's a GIRL and we all know how ADVANCED girls are! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...