Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wheatley Family Egg Drop Soup

I was going to call this "Robin's Egg Drop Soup," but I thought some people may get the wrong idea!


Ingredients - for 2-3 servings

1 quart of chicken broth, stock, or prepared bouillon
1/8 cup thin sliced onion
1 cup Ditalini or other small pasta
2 eggs, lightly beaten with a fork

Combine chicken broth and onion.  Heat to boiling.
Add pasta.  Bring back to boiling and cook until done, stirring occasionally.
Take soup off the burner, lower temperature, and slowly pour the eggs into the soup in a thin stream.
Put soup back on burner, and cook at low heat until eggs are set, stirring occasionally.

Variations:  Instead of sliced onion, use 2 cloves minced garlic, or wait until soup is done and add chopped chives or scallions.

This is a very quick and easy soup, and my kids love it.  The measurements are actually approximate - I just usually throw in some onion and a few handfuls of pasta.  This is a good amount for the kids and I.  If hubby is eating too, we would need about double.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...