Sunday, January 29, 2012

Too Much Information!

In the last two days, I have learned that the pharmaceutical companies are trying to make everyone sick, that Facebook is an invention of the CIA so that they can keep tabs on everyone, and that some of the richest men in the world are using their billions to fund organizations who will "depopulize" the world, because all of these extra people are destroying the environment.  I've also learned that stress causes disease, and this from the same book  that explains that the medical community is trying to kill us.  Now, that's not  at all stressful to think about, is it?

I fully realize that this world is messed up.  I think most of us realize this.  If I really thought about it, I could probably list pages of issues this world is facing.  I could probably list pages of issues that my immediate family and friends are facing.  What is a person to do?

Here are the options as I see them:

  1. Run around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to remedy all of these problems at once.
  2. Make a list of all of the problems and try to remedy them one at a time.
  3. Make scary videos to post on You Tube.
  4. Write scary blog posts.
  5. Move to the mountains and live off the land in a yurt.
  6. Hide under my bed until it's over.
  7. Pray the Serenity Prayer.
Okay, I think I'm going with the last one.  So here it goes:

God grant me the serenity 
to accept the things I cannot change; 
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time; 
Enjoying one moment at a time; 
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace; 
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it; 
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life 
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr

I guess that says it all.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...