Wednesday, April 11, 2012

E-Book Review - The Matthew 6:33 Piano Teacher: How to Teach Piano for the Glory of God




Click here to view more details

I have been privileged to be allowed a free copy of this book to review, and I do mean it was a privilege.  It is available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, or 633music.net, and truly costs less than you'll make teaching your first lesson.  It is written to the first-time piano teacher, but I have been teaching for years, and found plenty of information in this book to help me improve both my teaching and my business skills.

The book is set up in a question - answer format, and it covers everything from the spiritual to the practical.  Just the fact that it includes a spiritual component sets it apart from and above other piano teaching books I've read.   The first question addressed is "Can Teaching Piano Really Affect the Kingdom of God?"  I have to admit that as a Christian and a piano teacher, I had never really considered this question.  I am so grateful that K.M. Logan did, and that she has shared her insights with the rest of us!  It really brings a new meaning to my teaching.  

This book has, in fact, given me a jump-start in getting my own business off the ground.  As I said, I've taught piano lessons for years, but I have never considered it a serious business.  This book came along just when I was trying to figure out how to acquire and manage more students, and I am completely inspired!  Using the information in this book, I have been able to work out a teaching schedule, decide how to bill students, and even set up my own website using an online program she recommended in the book.  I also feel better equipped to help students and prospective students with questions they may have.  

I would recommend this book to any piano teacher, or anyone thinking about teaching piano.  I have read it through and have already started implementing some of the ideas, but I expect to go back to it again and again.  It is 104 pages of great information, covering everything from "Is teaching piano something I want to do?" to "How should I file taxes?" and "Should I require my students to participate in music competitions?"   It includes information from the author's own experience, along with a list of her favorite books and resources.    

Now, I have to get back to working on my advertising!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...