Thursday, July 12, 2012

This is War!

All I can ask is "Why?"  I can't understand why there is so much suffering.  For the past year or so, I have seen too much.  Cancer.  Sickness.  Strife.  Anger.  I have had at least four people die of cancer, and there are at least four more battling it now, and one or two in recovery.  Splits in the family.  More friends in pain.  Suicide.  Stress.  Persecution.  Accidents.  Children, my own and others, with allergies, seizures, hospitalizations, SUFFERING!  WHY???

Who can I scream at?

How can I stop it?

Why do I feel so powerless?

My heart is broken.

I caught my face in the mirror as I walked past today, and I looked just like this "tragedy" mask.

But walking around upset is not helping anyone.

So this is war.


I can't help everyone.  But I can help one.  I can be the hands and feet of Jesus to someone.  I can be a listening ear, or a comforting shoulder, or food or clothes or a ride to the store.

I will put on my armor (Ephesians 6:9-18).  I will stand with the sheep.  "For I was an hungered, and ye gave me meat:  I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink:  I was a stranger, and ye took me in:  Naked, and ye clothed me:  I was sick, and ye visited me:  I was in prison, and ye came unto me."  Matthew 25:35-36.  I will give cups of cold water (Matthew 10:42).  And I will take up my cross, and give my life for my King (Matthew 10:38-39).  


Because this IS war.  And I DO know the adversary.  "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against, powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places"  Ephesians 6:12.  And he would like nothing better than to make me powerless.  But I know how it ends.  Jesus spoke these words:  "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace.  In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer;  I have overcome the world."  John 16:33.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...