Monday, September 24, 2012

Recipe - Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Banana Nut Muffins

I'm pretty proud of myself - I have developed a gluten-free, dairy-free recipe!  I love making banana bread and banana muffins, so I took my favorite recipe and adapted it.  Even Hubby loves them, and he's a little leery of anything, well, on Rory's diet!  So, here we go.  I hope you enjoy them!

Gluten-free, Dairy-free Banana Nut Muffin
Gluten-free, Dairy-free Banana Nut Muffins

2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All Purpose Baking Flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons ground flax seed
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Mix all dry ingredients together, then add:

3 eggs
1/2 cup cooking oil
2-3 overripe bananas, mashed

Stir until well mixed, then add

1/2 cup chopped walnuts.

Spoon into a greased muffin pan.  Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes, until muffins are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Enjoy!


Linked-up at Lessons From Ivy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...