Friday, January 18, 2013

Our Martian Ecosystem

We have been studying Mars this week.  Believe it or not, scientists are actually trying to design something, called an ecosystem, so that people can live on Mars.  Of course, there is no oxygen or water, but hey, you can't have everything, can you?  

The assignment in the book for yesterday was to draw a picture of an ecosystem on Mars.  So, Rory peeked into the book and noticed that another option was to build a model of an ecosystem.  The book instructions were to use things like paper, plastic wrap, and salt dough to build a model on a piece of cardboard.  I said, "Sure, let's get you a piece of cardboard."  Rory said, "I don't need cardboard."  Um...okay.

Rory began running around the house and garage collecting "stuff" to bring into his room.  About an hour later, he presented me to his ecosystem.  He couldn't present it to me, because it takes up half of his room and is immobile.  So, his assignment today was to produce a video tour of his ecosystem.  I'm posting it here for your education and enjoyment.  I think if NASA ever starts up their space program again, they'll be wanting to talk to him. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...