gluten, dairy, soy, chocolate, and artificial junk - free
1 cup Namaste Perfect Flour Blend
3 tbsp. carob powder
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 cup shortening (I use Spectrum Palm Oil Shortening, as Crisco has soybean oil)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and carob powder
- In a large bowl, beat shortening and sugars until fluffy, then add egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add flour mixture to sugar mixture.
- Drop onto cookie sheets - use about a rounded half-teaspoon per cookie. Bake for 7 minutes or until crinkled on the top. Let cool on the sheet for about two minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix together filling ingredients. Put a small amount on the bottom of a cookie, and squish down with the bottom of another cookie that more or less matches.
That's it! Yields about 30 cookies and 1 happy boy!