Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Growing Up

Just like Dad
Have you ever noticed that children can't wait to grow up, but adults wish they could be children again?  My 11 year old son wishes he was old enough to get a job, while my hardworking husband longs for the days of his youth, when life was more fun.  Why is that?  And what are we missing, while we're wishing we were sometime else?

I think I'm a bad example of adulthood.  My daughter doesn't want to grow up, because it looks like too much work.  I don't really feel like I'm working too hard, but apparently I look like I am.  So I've been thinking, how can I bring back the fun and freedom of childhood for both Hubby and me, while continuing to be a responsible adult?  And how do I teach my children to be responsible, and to look forward to growing up, but not to miss the joy they have now?

Yesterday was Hubby's birthday, 

and Rory's was just under two weeks ago.

So it's a good time of year to think about getting older.  
Besides, there's been so much snow

There's not much else to do, except shovel.  And that can really make you think about your age!

I don't want my kids to fear growing up, or to hate being a kid.  And I don't want Hubby and myself to dread all the years we have left, or regret the time that has passed.  So my new mission is to bring joy to all of our lives.  I am not sure how, but hey - where there's a will, there's a way, right?  

Any ideas would be welcome here, (hint-hint!)  How do you add joy to your life? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...