Wednesday, October 29, 2014

My Favorite Things Cookies - Recipe


Okay, I had to put the song in there, as it influenced the name of these cookies.  They are a combination three of our family's favorite cookies - Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Peanut Butter.  They can also be gluten and dairy free, if you use allergy-free versions of oats and chocolate chips, and would probably be very good with almond butter or sunflower butter, if you can't have peanut butter.  I haven't tried these options, so if you do, please leave  a comment and let me know how they work out!  I just like that they are super-easy, super-fast, and don't use a lot of dishes!

My Favorite Things Cookies
(about 20 cookies)
Ingredients:

1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar (white makes them a little crisper, brown a little softer)
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla

Instructions:
  • Mix all ingredients together.  It doesn't matter what order - just stick it all in a bowl.  (I actually measure the dry ingredients first so that I only have to use one measuring cup.)
  • Form balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten (I use my hands for this - it's kind of like working with chunky play-doh).
  • Cook at 350 degrees until browned - approximately 12 minutes.
  • Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes until they set a bit.
  • Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
  • If there are any cookies left by the time they are cool, put them in a sealed container to keep them fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...