Okay, I had to put the song in there, as it influenced the name of these cookies. They are a combination three of our family's favorite cookies - Oatmeal, Chocolate Chip, and Peanut Butter. They can also be gluten and dairy free, if you use allergy-free versions of oats and chocolate chips, and would probably be very good with almond butter or sunflower butter, if you can't have peanut butter. I haven't tried these options, so if you do, please leave a comment and let me know how they work out! I just like that they are super-easy, super-fast, and don't use a lot of dishes!
My Favorite Things Cookies
(about 20 cookies)
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar (white makes them a little crisper, brown a little softer)
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 cup (or more) chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all ingredients together. It doesn't matter what order - just stick it all in a bowl. (I actually measure the dry ingredients first so that I only have to use one measuring cup.)
- Form balls, place on an ungreased cookie sheet, and flatten (I use my hands for this - it's kind of like working with chunky play-doh).
- Cook at 350 degrees until browned - approximately 12 minutes.
- Let sit on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes until they set a bit.
- Remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- If there are any cookies left by the time they are cool, put them in a sealed container to keep them fresh.