Sunday, January 1, 2017

2017: The Year of Love

Happy New Year!  Isn't it funny how something as simple as a calendar change can set us in a new direction?  I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions.  In my experience, I get about two weeks in and mess up, if not sooner.  So I'm not making one this year either. 

I do have an idea, though, and I wondered if you would like to join me? 

I am declaring 2017 the Year of Love.  Now, I am not an official person who can make official declarations and make everyone comply.  But that's okay.  Love doesn't work that way, anyhow. 

Love is a very personal thing. 

So why make a declaration?  Because I need it for myself.  Last year was tough.  I have heard that statement all over the place, in all different ways.  It was tough politically, tough inter-racially, tough financially, tough even in the vast amount of iconic people who passed away.  As we pull ourselves into a new year, we are the walking wounded.  We are dragging all sorts of baggage, and limping along.

But there is hope.

I propose that we leave our baggage at the border.  Walk into this new year unencumbered by hate and hopelessness.  Picture yourself stepping over that line from 2016 to 2017 and leaving all that hate and pain and fear behind. 

I have some ideas about how we can make this happen, and I'll be writing about it soon (no, that is not a New Year's resolution to keep up on my blog!)  But since this is January 1, and also a Sunday, I'm going to leave you with a song to start your year off right.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...