Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Snow That Wasn't

Today was a snow day.  Rory somehow convinced me that he should have a snow day, too, even though technically he was already at school!  Actually, it didn't take too much to convince me.  I didn't really feel like having school, either.  It must be some held-over snow day mentality from my own school days or something.  Of course, teachers are usually just as happy to stay home on those days as the kids!  The funny thing was, it hardly snowed all day.  In fact, the inch or so that we had this morning was melted by noon.  It started snowing again around 3:00, and it is finally starting to build up a little bit, but we sort of missed the big storm, it appears. 
The thing I can't quite understand is this:  Why is it that on days we have school, I get all sorts of things done, and when we don't have school, nothing gets accomplished?  It would seem that since I don't have to spend the time teaching, I would have lots of time to get my other work done.  But, no.  The house is a basic wreck, the kids watched far too much TV, and I am no further ahead on anything than I was yesterday.  All this, and we've been up since 7:00 this morning!  Go figure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...