Monday, February 8, 2010

The Morning After

Well, here we are, just me and the cat.  We had a great time yesterday.  We had friends over to watch the super bowl.  We hadn't seen them in a while, and it is amazing how fast kids can grow in what seems a relatively short time!  It was great to reconnect, though.  My kids are still asleep, which is a good thing for right now, as it gives me a little chance to catch up on things, including this blog.  It's nice to have a little quiet time once in a while.

It's amazing how out-of-touch I can let myself get.  I am pretty happy just plugging along in my own little house with my own little family.  I don't live near my hometown, so I don't get a chance to see the people I grew up with very often, and since I'm not working outside the house, I don't see other people daily like I used to.  Because of a crisis our family went through this summer, we lost touch with a lot of people we were friends with at our church.  We are at a new church, now, but sometimes it is slow going getting to know people that well.  I guess Facebook is helpful to keep up with people a little, but it's still not the same as having a close relationship.  I know it is not New Year's anymore, but I am going to resolve to work harder on keeping my friendships close.

Well, I hear the patter of little feet, so I guess it's time to get up and get going!  "School Days, School Days!"

1 comment:

  1. The pizza was great! Thanks for inviting us. We had a wonderful time. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...