Friday, February 5, 2010

Whew...Friday!

It's almost over!  Another busy day, today, but in more of a good way.  We finally had our homeschool co-op for the first time since before Christmas.  Sickness and other conflicts had kept our group from meeting for that long.  We are only three families, so if one family is absent, it is hard to continue lessons.  Poor Rory got momentarily upset because he was unable to learn "If You're Happy And You Know It" in Spanish the first time he sang it.  He really expects to be able to do everything right the first time.  I don't know how to help him understand that some things take practice.  I've told him this, but he doesn't seem to believe me.  I suppose he'll figure it out, eventually.  He did very well on his first recorder lesson, however.  Now, to get him to practice...

Rory has laughed more in the last few days than I've heard him in a while.  Lucy is certainly earning her keep as a form of entertainment!  The first thing everybody wants to know when they get up is "Where's Lucy?"  Many times, she is sitting on the windowsill in the living room, trying to figure out how to get to the birds outside.  We went yesterday and got her a few things from the store, including a stuffed mouse on an elastic string.  Rory has spent most of his free time playing with her!  Lily keeps trying to play with Lucy, but also spends time playing with Lucy's toys on her own.  Maybe she's part cat?

I'm trying my hand at keeping homeschool records on the computer.  I found a program called Homeschool Tracker that keeps records of everything, and will even print reports and schedules.  So far, so good.  I'm going to try to back-enter things for this grading period.  We'll see how that goes.  I think if I can get it working, it will be simpler than the pen-and-paper method I've been using up until now.  We'll see.

Well, tomorrow is officially Clean The House day.  It's in a bit of disrepair, as usual (see Chaos Theory!)  and is starting to drive me a bit crazy.  One day, I'll get this housekeeping thing under control.  Probably about the time they invent a self-cleaning house.  It took me forever to learn how to roll down a car window while driving, and then they started making cars with push buttons.  Go figure!

Okay, time to get the kiddies in bed, if I can get them away from the cat long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...