Yesterday was...to use a dear friend's word...AWESOME! Sunday was rainy, and we sang a song in church called "Showers of Blessing." Neither Mike or I could figure out how the person who picked the song a week earlier knew it would fit the weather, but that was all I could think about yesterday as the day went on. I'm going to give you a list of praises here...
1. Mike had to take his car to get repaired, and it took less time and less money than they said it would!
2. On the way home, since he had extra time, he went fishing, and caught a beautiful 14 inch trout, which we ate for dinner!
3. We had to get paint for the chicken coop. Rory had his little heart set on red, but there was no can of red paint on the discount shelf. The paint technician at the store actually made us a custom red gallon for the price of a discounted can! (about $30 savings)
4. I finally figured out a sourdough rye recipe that works!
5. I went to pour a cup of tea, and the lid fell off the teapot. Instead of landing on the floor and breaking, it landed on the pile of grocery bags I hadn't put away yet! (and no-one tripped over the bags before I got them put away.)
6. My favorite coffee was on sale for $2 off!
There were probably even more awesome things, but that's what I remember right now. God is good!