Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Easy Healthy "Dippin' Dots" recipe

So, I'm trying to come up with foods that Rory can eat with his very restricted diet.  One of the most difficult has been ice cream.  It is extremely difficult to find ice cream that is free of dairy, soy, and chocolate all at the same time.  There was a sticker on my banana yesterday, advertising "yonanas."  I went to the website, and they were trying to get you to buy a machine which basically mushed up frozen bananas with other ingredients and came out with something like soft serve ice cream.  "Well," I said to myself, "I don't need a new machine for this!  I have a Ninja Kitchen System 1100!  So, I proceeded to freeze some bananas.  Then, I put them in the blender with some frozen strawberries, and voila!  Not exactly soft serve, as there were tiny bits of bananas and strawberries mixed all together, but Rory said they were like Dippin' Dots.  They passed the kid test, as both of them wanted more!  I put the leftovers in the freezer, so we'll see what happens to it next (oh, boy - science!)  But in the meantime, here's what we did.


Homemade Dippin' Dots
2 bananas, peeled and frozen
1 cup frozen strawberries

Put all ingredients in blender, blend on "Crush" until desired consistency, stopping blender to scrape down sides if necessary.  Scoop into dishes - enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...