Sunday, June 10, 2012

Patience...

Did you know that you can't freeze lettuce?
Nope.
Doesn't work.


Yesterday, I got some lettuce from the local farm.  It was a little warm come supper time, so I thought I'd chill it just a little to crisp it up.  It was kind of late when I figured this out, so instead of putting it in the refrigerator, like normal, I popped it into the freezer.  Just for a couple of minutes.


Do you know what happens to lettuce when you freeze it?
First, it breaks off in little pieces.
Then, it turns to mush.
Not good in a salad.


I had always thought I was a relatively patient person.  I can put up with a lot before I get really upset.  HOWEVER...I've noticed that I'm not doing too well in the patience category right now.


I still haven't heard back from the publisher about my curriculum.  So, I've been checking my e-mail.  Constantly.  I hate to admit it, but I have even visited the website several times under the guise of updating the information for my curriculum, just to see if it says that it's been published.


I've been told not to pray for patience, for fear of what would happen.  So I haven't.  I think God decided I needed a little help in this category anyway.




 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.  James 1:2-4

So, I will wait, and try to be patient, believing that God has this one under control.  Because ultimately, I think a lack of patience points to a lack of control.  And maybe I need to learn that I'm not always in control of what happens to me, though I should show self-control in those things that are my responsibility.  Like being prepared in time for supper instead of trying to make things happen at the last minute.

Okay, I guess God does have some more work to do here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...