Sunday, June 17, 2012

All the News that's Fit to Print

The end of the school year is always a bit busy.  Rory finished his last book for the year yesterday, and is now officially on vacation!  He read in the car (I don't know how he manages this, as I feel sick the minute I look at a page) between getting his Baseball Team picture taken, reading a poem he wrote at a literary festival, and attending a friend's birthday party.  Whew!

We got through the day pretty well, aside from forgetting his baseball hat (he's the kid in the picture with the bare head), and getting slightly lost finding the birthday party (we were almost always in the same town, at least!)

Now, we're looking forward to the first overnight trip our family has taken apart from going to a family member's house.  (And that time we broke down and had to stay in a hotel, but that was not particularly enjoyable.)  We're actually going to Lake George overnight!  I want to see Fort William Henry, and take a ride on the steamboat.  Rory wants to buy souvenirs, Lily wants to ride in a canoe, and Mike wants to go fishing.  Hopefully, we can accomplish all that in two days!

I spent about a whole day trying to find a place that had a fridge and stove in the room (for Rory's diet) and was on the Lake (for Mike's fishing), but I found a place that would let us stay for only one night on short notice.  Woohoo!  I also found a website for a Mexican restaurant which serves some gluten-free and vegetarian (read:  Dairy-free!) selections.  So, we're planning on eating out once, and cooking or packing the rest of the trip.

After that, it's getting ready for Rory to go to summer camp, then Vacation Bible School at our church, then our trip to visit my family in Pennsylvania.  Then it will be the end of August already, and we'll wonder where the summer has gone!

What are your plans for the summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comments - I love to hear from you! I read each and every comment before publishing it, so bear with me if there is a slight lag between when you leave your comment, and when it appears on the blog. I will get it up as soon as possible so that everyone can enjoy your thoughts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...